Monday, November 7, 2011

On Heaven

Oh, Heaven!
Do you know what awaits to those who persevere? Have you read? Isaiah 65:17-25 give us a great picture of that place.

He will make a new Jerusalem, where people will be a delight... you will not be annoyed by others, they will be a delight!
The sound of weeping and crying will be heard no more!.
Never again, will be an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who dies. The pain we know it too well. The pain and bitter taste that death leaves in our hearts, will be felt no more.
We will build houses and live in them, plant crops and eat them. We will have no bad harvest or weeds to destroy our vegetable gardens.
Before we call, He will answer, and while we are speaking, He will hear...
There will be no need to pray, because we will have nothing to pray about; we will have no needs and no desires apart from Him.

Oh my children, set your eyes on heaven. Set your eyes on that blessed day that the Lord has promised us. And we know we can trust Him, because throughout the Bible we read over and over again, on how or precious Lord was faithful to His promises. You can trust Him!  He will come back, He will take His own, reunite us with Erica Faith, meet Him face to face and cry no more.

All our sins will be burned at His sight, and at once, we will be transformed and deal with our sin never again.

Think of that day... long for the day of His coming to hasten.
Think of the day, when you will sit right beside your Creator, and be so close to Him that you will hear His heart beat; when you will see His wounds in His hands and  in His feet, when you kneel before Him and kiss Him. Oh! that precious day!!
When you will hear His voice so tender welcoming you to your rest.

Look forward to that day, when you see heaven and your God. To sit around His table, and thank Him for eternity for saving you.

If you keep you eyes in Him, in heaven, you will find it easier to persevere in whatever trials the Lord sets before you. Because you will know, that soon, very soon you will be with Him, and then, just then, all will be all right.

I have a hard time understanding how in heaven there will be no tears.. I cannot imagine not crying when I see my Savior, when I see you there with me one day and be reunited with Erica. I cannot imagine not having tears when I see my Lord's face and fall to the ground in gratitude. I cannot imagine not having tears when I face Him and then declares me innocent before Him because I am covered with his Son's blood... and then, look around, and see my children, covered in Jesus' blood as well.

Oh that day!...
Set your eyes on Him.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I am too longing for that day!